Uncategorized

CAT ’20 Achievers’ Meet: How to make the most of your MBA

Every year the final session that I do for all of those who have secured admits (or are waitlisted) into the Top 30 schools is called How to make the most of your MBA.

I had hoped that we will be able to conduct at least this session for CAT 20 students in person and that I could may be meet a few of you who have attended my Masterclasses over the course of the year.

The world has bigger problems than this and so we go ahead and do the session online.

Date & Time: Sunday, 13th June 2021 @ 11:00 AM

Register before Friday, 11th June 2021 till 2:00 PM via http://tiny.cc/Achievers-Meet-21

Note: Students who have registered for the Campus meets need not fill up the registration form again. They will automatically get a zoom invite for the achievers’ meet session.

1. Aishwarya says

Hello Tony Sir,
    super excited for this session !!! All the posts related to CAT not only helped me to achieve my dream college but also helped me to balance my everyday routine. I have started meditation and pranayam too.

2. Yugant Dandona says

Hey Sir. Greetings. Sir, I am confused between choosing IIM A FABM and IIM L ABM. I am a BSc Agri graduate and I am a fresher. Looking forward to your reply.

• Hi Yugant,

If you are looking at core ABM roles — IIM-A.

If you want roles closer to a General Management program with a lot of overlap with regular MBA placements, IIM-L.

• Yugant Dandona says

Sir what if I am not sure about this right now. Actually I cant figure this out and thats why in a great dilemma.

• That will be tough for me to answer. Choose the one that will leave you with more options. The first factor should always be the stream and not the brand.

3. Aneesha says

Hi Sir. Hope you are doing good. Sir, I am confused which one to choose between IIM C and FMS. I’m a dental graduate with less than a year of work experience. Please guide.

4. Jay says

I have 16 months experience in IT industry with engineering background. I am confused between IIFT Kolkata and IIM Ranchi/Trichy.
    Also I am a bit worried about the competition at IIFT considering huge proportion of students from IIT/NIT/SRCC, etc considering that I have an average profile. Please guide.

• Hi Jay,

I do not have much of an idea about the batch composition of IIFT-Kolkata, I am unaware that it is full of IITians, NITians, and graduates from other premier schools.

Choose whichever college attracts the larger proportion of firms in the domains that you are interested in apart from of course average salary and other parameters.

The new IIM brand is still nascent and whether you want it or is more of a personal preference, short-term outcomes will definitely be better at IIFT-K.

Hope this helps,

5. Upshant Saini says

Sir, I graduated in 2020 from Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, University of Delhi with finance specialisation. I have converted IIM Indore & IIM Kozhikode, and I want to specialise in Marketing. Which B-school should I join? Please I request you to reply soon as last date of initial fee submission is approaching.

6. Akshit Asrani says

Hello sir. Big fan of your sessions. Right from ‘How to manage stress’ to the one one month before Cat (who’s pointers i have written in my notes, they still feel fresh and relevant, The question doesn’t care!) And finally this one as a conclusion and a reminder of the bigger picture that is to come. Thank you so much for everything. Though i was not your student directly you have been a big part of my journey with these sessions and blogs.
    I am inclined towards marketing and more specifically understanding the Indian consumer and working in the FMCG sector. I have calls from Mica, baby iims and MDI Ib. My inclination is towards MICA, would that be your suggestion as well?